Warm Bacon Potato Salad
A warm salad composed of creamy potatoes topped with crispy bacon bits and fresh alfalfa sprouts, laid on a bed of mixed greens.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes with the olive oil. Roast for 25 minutes or until tip of knife pierces potato easily.
2. Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Then add in the garlic and the red onion. Saute for an additional 3 minutes until the bacon is crisp.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the bacon, garlic and onions, including all of the bacon drippings. Add in the roasted potatoes and the green onions. Toss gently and serve immediately.