Vegetable Samosa takes exceptional forms, consisting of triangular, cone or half-moon shapes, relying for your vicinity and children’s choice.
For the outer cowl
- ½ cup Maida
- 1 Tbsp Sooji/Semolina/Rava
- 1 Tbsp Ghee/Oil
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain/Vamu
- Lemon Juice 2 tsp
- Warm Water to knead the dough as required
For the Filling
- 2 cups Mixed Vegetables (Cabbage, Carrot, Peas, Beans) Chopped and Boiled
- 1/4 cup Potatoes Boiled and Cubed
- 1 tsp Amchur Powder
- 1/4 tsp Mirchi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp Pudina / Mint Finely minced /Dry mint powder
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fennel / Saunf (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Salt as in keeping with taste
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Lemon Juice (Optional)
- 1/2 cup Grated cheese (Optional)
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 3 cups of Oil for deep frying
- In a blending bowl, upload maida, sooji, salt and ajwain. Mix properly and rub withinside the oil in order that it’s far properly incorporated.
- Add warm water and knead a stiff dough (like chapati dough). wrap the dough and set apart for 15-20 min.
- In every other bowl, upload the chopped and boiled greens upload all of the different elements besides the seasoning and lemon juice.
- In a heated sauce pan, upload oil and the relaxation of the seasoning. After the mustard seeds splutter, upload the vegetable aggregate and prepare dinner dinner till the aggregate is dry.
- Remove from hearthplace and squeeze in a few lemon juice and blend properly.
- Pinch a gooseberry sized dough and roll out skinny circles. With a pointy knife, Cut the circle into identical halves.
- On every half, practice water and make a cone/triangle form and press properly in order that the rims are sealed properly.
- Fill in approximately a tablespoon of the vegetable filling and seal the rims via way of means of making use of water.
- Keep them blanketed even as the oil is heated in a kadai/wok.
- Gently slide those in fairly warm oil and fry them in low-medium heat. Drain them directly to kitchen paper towels once they get a golden brown hue.
- Continue frying them in batches and serve them warm.