Kadhi is a dish originating from the Rajasthan . It consists of a thick gravy based on gram flour with yogurt is added to give it a bit of sour taste. It is often eaten with rice.
Ingredients of Veg Kadhi
- 500ml of lassi
- 1 tbsp of ginger garlic
- 3 green chilies, cut
- 1 1/2 tbsp besan
- 1 tsp methi seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup of carrot, beans, courgette (diced)
- 1 drum stick
- coriander leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala
How to Make Veg Kadhi
- Dry roast the besan.
- Divide the buttermilk in 2 portions.
- Saute the diced vegetables for 5 minutes in a pan, add a pinch of salt and mix it.
- In one portion of buttermilk, add roasted besan and mix properly.
- Heat oil in kadhai, and add methi dana, cumin seeds, crushed ginger and garlic .
- Add hing, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, green chillies and mix well.
- Now add the buttermilk with besan, add the other portion of buttermilk and stir it on a low heat.
- Add salt according to your taste, kasoori methi, and vegetables. Let it cook slowly for 5 minutes and then remove it from fire.
- At last add garam masala & coriander leaves.
- Vegetable curry is ready to serve.