Masala Badi prepared form Urad dal is very tasty, you get it ready made in the market, but how can it beat the taste of home made food?
Ingredients of Urad Dal Amritsari Masala Badi
- Clean split urad dal – 500 gm
- Black pepper – 1/2 tablespoon
- Ginger powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds powder – 2 tablespoon
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 tablespoon
- Heeng -1 to 2 pinch
- Oil – as required
How to Make Urad Dal Amritsari Masala Badi
- Clean urad dal properly wash and then soak in water overnight.
- Without adding any water, remove extra water put Urad Dal in a mixer to make a smooth paste.
- Put all the spices along and mix with the Dal paste.
- Beat rigorously using a spoon.
- Grease plates with oil, take some of the Dal mixture in your hand and make Badiya in any desired shape then place on the plate.
- Keep these plates with Badiyas out in the sun.
- Choose a clean place to dry the Badiyas.
- Take out the dried Badiyas from the plate, dry them in the sun for one more day.
- Store in airtight container.