Rajasthan Thikri Ki Dal has its own unique flavour where the simplest and the most basic of ingredients go into the preparation of delicious daal.
Ingredients for Thikri Ki Dal
- 1 1/2 cups- Masoor dal, soaked
- 2- Green chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon- Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons- Ghee
- 1 teaspoon- Cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon- Fenugreek seeds
- 1- Onion
- 1 tablespoon- Crushed garlic
- 2- Dried red chillies
- Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon- Red chilli powder
- 7- Fresh coriander sprigs
- half- Lemon juice
How to make Thikri Ki Dal
- Boil masoor daal with salt, turmeric powder and water in cooker.
- Heat ghee in another kadhai.
- Heat a terracotta piece on direct flame for 10 minutes.
- Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and onion to kadhai and cook untill golden.
- Add garlic, add chopped dried red chillies.
- Add curry leaves to the another pan. Add red chillies and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Chopped coriander sprigs and add to the pan.
- Dip the hot terracotta in the lentil mixture and cover for 5 minutes.
- Discard terracotta piece from the lentils.
- Transfer the lentils into a serving bowl and serve hot.