we love the addition of Tex-Mex flaours to the iconic deviled egg. This recipe is perfect for any party that doesn’t mind a little heat in addition to great flavor.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 tablespoon diced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chili powder
How to Make It
Cut eggs in half crosswise; carefully remove yolks, and place in a small bowl.
Mash egg yolks; stir in green onions and next 5 ingredients.
Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and desired amount of chili powder. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.