These sweet potato fries are a own circle of relatives favorite.The water-cornstarch in addition to frying the potatoes twice, are the secrets and techniques to crispy, golden brown, deep-fried candy potato fries. Soaking the uncooked potato strips in an ice water tubtub on the begin additionally allows to hold the candy potatoes from sticking to every other, and provides to their crispiness.
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 2 large or 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cornstarch / rice flour
H0w to make
- Peel the candy potatoes. Cut every potato in half, after which into quarters. Then, slice into fry shapes, approximately half inch wide. Fill a large bowl with ice and water; Put the sweet potatoes in the ice water and let them sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place the candy potatoes right into a resealable plastic bag. Add oil, salt, paprika, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Seal the bag and shake properly to very well coat the fries. Spread the potatoes out onto the baking sheet in a unmarried layer.
- Fry the sweet potatoes for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir them a few times to keep them from sticking together. When done, the fries should be tender but not browned. fry the sweet potato sticks again for about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the sweet potato fries with kosher or seasoned salt or dust lightly with a cinnamon-sugar blend.
- Fry in small batches. Overcrowding the oil will lower the temperature and could result in limp, greasy fries.
- For baking Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 30 minutes, turning each 10 minutes, till barely browned. Serve warm.