Strawberry milkshake is a healthy and refreshing drink to boost your energy. Good for children as well as a drink for breakfast.
Recently I received a bundle of strawberries from Mahabaleshwar. Mahabaleshwar is famous for its scenic beauty as well as its strawberries. The fastest and easiest way for me to use them was this strawberry milkshake. That’s why this post. I was planning on making the strawberry panna cotta, but ended up making the milkshake.
If you get sweet strawberries, it’s better because we don’t need to add sugar. Otherwise, add sugar as needed. You can serve the milkshake plain or add a scoop of strawberry ice cream or vanilla ice cream and have a strawberry shake.
How to make a strawberry milkshake
1. First, rinse the strawberries, then drain them. 250 gms of strawberries or about 22 to 25 small to medium strawberries.
2. Cut off the green leafy part of all the strawberries. This is also called shelling strawberries. Then chop the strawberries.
3. Add the chopped strawberries to a mixing bowl.
4. Add 2 cups of cooled milk. You can also add about 2.5 cups of chilled milk based on the thickness of the shake you want.
5. Add sugar as needed. You don’t need to add sugar if the strawberries are very sweet. I added 3 tablespoons of sugar.
6. Mix the milkshake until smooth.
7. Pour into tall glasses and immediately serve the strawberry milkshake. You can also add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or strawberry ice cream and have a strawberry shake.