Five points for finding the strawberries and ten for finding the nutties!
fifty points if you forget about the hide and seek and drown yourself in the heavenly taste of this cake!
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 1 gateau
For The Cake
1 chocolate cake (7”)]
1/2 cup sugar syrup
a few drops vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups whipped cream
3/4 cup finely chopped strawberries
1/4 cup finely chopped nutties
1 cake board
Finish The Cake
1/2 cup melted chocolate
butter-paper piping bag
1 strawberry , halved
For the cake
- Slice the sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal parts. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar syrup and vanilla essence in a bowl to make the soaking syrup and keep aside.
- Soak the bottom layer of the sponge cake with ½ the soaking syrup.
- Spread ½ cup of cream on the soaked layer of the cake.
- Put the chopped strawberries and nutties on top and sandwich with the second layer of the sponge cake.
- Soak the second layer of the cake with the remaining soaking syrup and spread the remaining cream evenly on top and at the sides.
- Transfer the cake onto a cake board and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
Finish the cake
- Fill a butter paper-piping bag with melted chocolate and fold the top end of the piping bag so as to seal it. Snip a bit off the tip so as to get a tiny hole for the piping to come out.
- Pour the melted chocolate along the circumference of the cake such that it flows downwards along the sides if the cake.
- Continue throughout the circumference and you will see that the chocolate flows down along the sides of the cake adding beauty to a simple cake.
- Place the strawberries and nutties on top.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve.