Easy-to-make, healthy, and tasty too – that’s enough reason to love a recipe! The Spicy Stir-Fry Soup is a clear soup with succulent with vitamin C veggies like cabbage and capsicum. Rich in fibre and vitamin C, this soup ensures ample nutrients at just 29calories, making it perfect for weight-watchers.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
3 whole dry kashmiri red chillies , broken into pieces
4 garlic (lehsun) cloves , roughly chopped
1 tsp oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced spring onions whites
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 cup thinly sliced red capsicum
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
For The Garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
- Soak the red chillies in ½ cup of hot water for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water leaving behind 1 tbsp. Add the garlic and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep the red chilli-garlic paste aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites, cabbage and red capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add 3½ cups of hot water, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.