Soya Keema Masala Recipe is a delicious vegetarian keema recipe made with peas and soy and masalas like coriander powder, garam masala and red chili powder. This easy-to-prepare recipe can be packed for lunch. It makes an excellent accompaniment and goes well with roti and rice.
Soya Keema masala is a delicious veg keema that can be prepared easily and quickly too. In this recipe, you just need to soak the soy granules in water, mix them in a blender and then cook them in masala with the peas.
Prepare the usual Indian masala with onions, ginger and garlic paste, spice powders, soy granules and peas, mix. That’s it. It is ready to be served. This makes a delicious recipe for a dish for hot summer days.
Serve Keema Matar Masala Soya with Whole Wheat Lachha Paratha, Palak Tovve or Palak Dal and Black Salt Spiced Boondi Raita Recipe for a perfect meal.
- 1 cup of soybean pieces (nuggets), soaked in hot water for 30 min
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green peppers, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green peas (Matar)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 inch of ginger, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder, adjust to your spice preferences
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 4 coriander leaves (Dhania), for garnish
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
How to Make Soya Keema Matar Masala Recipe
- To start preparing Soya Keema Matar masala, soak the soy granules or if using chunks in hot water for half an hour.
- Once soaked, drain the soybean granules, lightly squeeze the water from the soybean granules and mix once or twice in a mixer grinder to get a coarse keema texture of the soybean granules.
- If you are using fresh green peas, blanch them in hot water until cooked. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok. Add the finely chopped onions, ginger, garlic and green peppers and cook until the onions are tender.
- Add the turmeric powder, red pepper powder, coriander powder, garam masala sugar and salt, mix well and cook for about 15 seconds.
- Add the soya granules, mix well, simmer and cook for 10 minutes in its juice. Check the salt and spices and adjust as per your taste.
- Turn off the heat, garnish the Soya Keema Matar masala with coriander leaves and transfer to a serving bowl.