Shrikhand is a popular Indian dessert in Janmashtami made using yogurt flavored with ground cardamom and sugar. Whether you choose to use homemade hung curd or take a shortcut by using store bought Greek yogurt, this easy dessert is the perfect after dinner sweet.
- 1 Kg Thick Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 3 to 4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Few Saffron (Kesar)
- Pinch of Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder
- Almond and Pistachio for Garnish
- Hang the yogurt in a muslin fabric in a groovy region for three hours till all of the liquid has tired off. Rub the saffron into the nice and cozy milk till it dissolves.
- Mix collectively the hung curds, sugar, saffron combination and cardamom in a bowl and churn till a easy mix. Serve with a garnish of Almond, Pistachio and Saffron flakes.