This is another favourite chaat sold on Mumbai streets. Every bhelwala has his own recipe of sevpuri. Sevpuri, as the name indicates is sev topped on puris or papdis, along with potatoes and chutneys. Tangy, crisp and tongue tickling are some words that come to my mind when we think of sevpuri. The very thought makes my mouth water as I reach out to make this delicious chaat!
Preparation Time: 30 mins Cooking Time: 0 mins Total Time: 30 mins Makes 4 plates
1/2 cup boiled potato cubes
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
chaat masala for sprinkling
24 tsp khajur imli ki chutney
12 tsp green chutney
12 tsp fresh garlic chutney
2 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup nylon sev
For The Garnish
4 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tbsp chopped raw mangoes
- Just before serving, arrange 6 papdis on a serving plate.
- Top each papdi with a few potato cubes, little onions and sprinkle a little chaat masala over it.
- Top it with 1 tsp of khajur imli ki chutney, ½ tsp of green chutney and ½ tsp of garlic chutney.
- Put a ½ tsp lemon juice and 1½ tsp of sev over each papdi.
- Garnish with 1 tbsp of coriander and ½ tbsp of raw mangoes evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 3 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
|Value per plate||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||97.9 mcg||2%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.8 mg||7%|
|Vitamin C||6 mg||15%|
|Vitamin E||0 mg||0%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||5.5 mcg||3%|