Brussels sprout is a healthy vegetable, touted to have anti-cancer properties and contains good amounts of vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid and dietary fibre.
- 1-1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved, stems and ragged outer leaves removed*
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Transfer the brussels sprouts to baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally to ensure even browning, until tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Place brussels sprouts back in bowl. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and toss to coat evenly. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, then serve.
- If you have some brussels sprouts that are very large, cut them into quarters. They should all be cut about the same size to ensure even cooking.