I love beetroot jam, beetroot marmalade, beetroot chutney or anything else you can put on a sandwich or eat with cheese that has beetroot (beets) in it.
- 1 kg canned beetroot, grated using a box grater
- 1 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- pinch of ground cloves
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, bring all the ingredients to boiling point uncovered and then simmer until half the juice is reduced.
- Add in the grated beetroot and cook uncovered until nearly all the juice is gone.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and place in sterile jars.
- They will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.