You will love this Quick Rabri over the original recipe that grandma taught you, because it does not require you to slog in the kitchen for hours. You can prepare it within minutes to surprise even a sudden guest! This recipe smartly thickens milk with fresh bread crumbs, to give an instant rabri that is as creamy as the authentic one.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
3 cups full-fat milk
2 fresh bread slices
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup condensed milk
For The Garnish
1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Remove the crusts of the bread slices and discard. Grind the bread slices in a food processor to make fresh bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Bring the milk to boil in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add the fresh bread crumbs, sugar and condensed milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for approx. 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring continuously and scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Allow it to cool completely and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve chilled garnished with cardamom powder.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||311 mcg||6%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.4 mg||40%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.3 mg||27%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.3 mg||3%|
|Vitamin C||2.5 mg||6%|
|Vitamin E||0.1 mg||1%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||12.8 mcg||6%|