Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwich, an easy and delicious high protein sandwich that you can prepare for your Tea Parties or Lunch Boxes. Try it and you will do it over and over again.
The Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwich is a creamy, delicious and spicy sandwich that is made with paneer tossed in chaat masala and Tandoori Mayo. The addition of fresh ingredients like cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce and onions add to the freshness of this dish.
The addition of Delmonte Tandoori Mayo in this recipe not only gives the sub sandwich the creaminess it needs, but brings in all of the tandoori flavors that make it super easy to prepare. On busy weeknights all you need is a packet of bread, with fresh veg, tandoori mayonnaise, and paneer, and your dinner will be ready in 20 minutes.
For Tandoori Mayo Paneer Tikka
- 400 grams of Paneer (homemade cottage cheese), cut into cubes
- 5 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour (besan)
- 2 teaspoons of Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup curd (Dahi / yogurt)
- 3/4 cup Del Monte Tandoori mayonnaise
- Salt, to taste
- Cooking oil
Other sandwich ingredients
- 4 panini breads, halved
- Iceberg lettuce, grated
- 2 onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced into rings
- Del Monte Tandoori Mayo, to dress
- 1/4 cup marinated jalapeño peppers, pickled, cut into rings
How to Make a Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwich Recipe with Tandoori Mayonnaise
- To start making the High Protein Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwich with Tandoori Mayonnaise, first have all the necessary ingredients ready and store by the baking counter. Preparing the ingredients helps speed up the cooking process.
- To start making the Tandoori Mayo paneer tikkas, in a large bowl, combine all the ingredients mentioned under “Tandoori Mayo Paneer Tikka”. Mix to coat the paneer pieces well. Check the salt and seasonings and adjust accordingly. Cover and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add the Tandoori Mayo Paneer Tikka mixture to the pan. Over low heat, stir the Paneer Tikkas until well roasted and coated with all of the Tandoori Mayo Masala.
- Make sure that when cooked and lightly roasted, let it have a creamy texture. It will make your sub sandwich soft and delicious. When finished, turn off the flame and keep the Tandoori Mayo Paneer Tikka aside.
- The last step is the assembling of the Tandoori Mayo Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwich.
- Cut the panini breads in half (let the joints hold together, do not divide them completely into two separate pieces).
- Apply a little butter to the outer sides and toast either in the oven (180 C for about 4 minutes) or in a pan until slightly crisp.
- Place the toast on a flat surface. Arrange the cucumber and tomato slices and sprinkle salt and black pepper over them. Place a few shredded lettuce leaves in it.
- Then place the tandoori mayo paneer tikka filling, place a few pieces of jalapeno pepper and ringed onions on top.
- Finally, pour a tablespoon of tandoori mayonnaise on top, press down on the sub sandwich and serve immediately.
- Serve the High Protein Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwich with Tandoori Mayonnaise as a healthy dinner dish. You can also serve it for breakfast with a cup of hot Masala Tea.