Cottage cheese aka Paneer patty and grilled vegetable sizzler is a perfect weekend party dish.
Boiled and grilled potatoes and tomatoes pilled with assorted stir fry vegetables are teamed with saucy paneer cubes on the bed rice and noodles.
Prep Time: 60 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Servings: 2 portion
For Paneer Patty
- 2 potatoes boiled
- 1 cup paneer grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp mint crushed dry
- 1/2 tsp chili powder red
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- 2 tbsps oil
For Mix Vegetables
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup capsicum diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 6 – 7 baby corns
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp chilies chopped green
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly crushed
- 1.5 tsps green chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsps tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
For Roasted Vegetables
- 4 – 5 baby potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
For Grilled Paneer
- 100 grams paneer
- 2 tbsps yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 cups noodles boiled
- 2 cups rice cooked
- 6 – 7 cabbage lettuce leaves or
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- mint 4-5 fresh
1. In a large mixing bowl, add grated paneer, boiled potatoes, salt, garam masala, red chili powder, crushed mint and fresh coriander.
2. Mix all to make a smooth dough.
3. Heat a non stick pan and meanwhile divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
4. Shape each portion into a disk shaped patty an dust both sides with cornflour.
5. Place each patty on the heated pan and add few drops of oil from sides to shallow fry.
6. Flip and fry well from both sides.
7. Transfer the patties on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil and keep aside.
1. Blanch all the vegetable (mentioned in ingredients) , drain water and keep aside for a while.
2. Heat oil in a wok and add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies and saute for a minute.
3. Add all the blanched vegetables and stir fry them till the excess moisture evaporates and the vegetables start frying.
4. Now add freshly crushed pepper, salt as per taste, chili sauce, soy sauce and tomato sauce.
5. Toss the vegetables nicely till everything incorporates well and stir fry for few more minutes.
6. Turn off the gas and keep aside till you prepare the next element.
1. In a mixing bowl add yogurt, cream, salt, garam masala and pepper powder. Whisk to make a smooth batter.
2. Cut paneer into 2×2 inch square and coat each piece with the yogurt batter generously.
3. Place the coated paneer pieces on a plate, cling wrap it and refrigerate it to marinate for almost and hour.
4. Heat a non stick pan and grease it with oil. Place the marinated paneer pieces and add few drops of oil from sides.
5. Grill/ shallow fry from both sides. (Store the left over marination mix which you can use later while making and makhni curry.)
6. Place the grilled pieces on a clean and dry plate and keep aside.
1. Blanch tomatoes and keep aside with boiled potatoes.
2. Place a wire rack on the stove top and roast the boiled potatoes and tomatoes one by one from all sides.
3. Carefully remove the roasted vegetables and keep aside.
Rice & Noodles
1. Stir fry rice and noodles individually with a dash of lemon juice and fresh mint and keep aside.
Assembling The Sizzler
1. Take a sizzler plate (cast iron) and add few drops of oil all over.
2. Line it with cabbage or lettuce leaves.
3. Place noodles and rice at two extreme corners and pile the paneer patty in the center.
4. Arrange the mix vegetable prepared , roasted potatoes and tomatoes, grilled paneer all around the patties.
5. Light up the stove top and place the sizzler plate on the it carefully.
6. Keep the flames on medium to high and allow the plate to heat.
7. Once the plate starts heating up , you will see the vegetables sizzling with lots of smoke.
8. Carefully hold the plate with the tong and transfer it on the wooden base.
9. Enjoy the sizzles along with the patties, rice, noodles and vegetables. (The sizzling effect will last just for few minutes only)
10. Enjoy the platter with fresh home made fruit juice ad salad.
HOT-SPOTS FOR PANEER PATTY & VEGETABLE SIZZLER