Here is an exotic salad that I discovered while on vacation in Thailand. Pakchoy is now easily available in India, so go ahead and savor its unique flavour.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
For The Dressing
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
1 tsp powdered sugar
1 tbsp oil
oil for deep-frying
1/4 cup boiled hakka noodles
1 cup chopped pak choi , torn into pieces
1/4 cup sliced and
2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds (til)
salt to taste
For the dressing
- Put all the ingredients in a small bottle, close the lid and shake well.
- Store in a cool place.
- Shake again just before use.
How to proceed
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the noodles till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients including the fried noodles in a mixing bowl. Pour the dressing on top and toss well.
- Serve immediately.