Here is a skillet cake recipe flavoured with betel leaf or paan leaves and stuffed with an exquisite stuffing of coconut, jaggery and nuts. While serving it is garnished with an unusual yet inviting gulkand syrup and more of crunchy nuts. Prepare this on special occasions and festivities at home as a unique dessert dish.
Ingredients Of Paan Ke Patte Ki Skillet Cake
- 200 gms plain flour
- 300 ml milk
- 2 large eggs (lightly whisked)
- 1 vegetable oil
- butter (for frying), melted
- paan (betel leaf), shredded
- For Gulkand Syrup (mix the below ingredients together):
- nuts, chopped
- Stuffing (mix below ingredients together):
- fresh coconut
- dessicated coconut
- jaggery powder
- nuts, chopped
1. Put the flour into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the milk and eggs.
2. Continue to whisk until you have a smooth batter, now fold in shredded betel leafs, now add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and whisk thoroughly.
3. Take a skillet pan, dip some kitchen roll in the oil and carefully wipe the inside of the pan. Heat the pan over a medium heat for a minute.
4. Add just under a ladleful of batter to the pan and immediately start swirling it round the pan to get a nice even layer.
5. Cook the pancake for approximately 30-40 seconds.
6. Use a palette knife to lift the pancake carefully to look at the underside to check it is golden-brown before turning over.
7. Cook the other side for approx 30-40 seconds and transfer to a serving plate.
8. Stuff in the coconut mix and roll or fold in.
9. Arrange in a plate and pour in the syrup and garnish with chopped nut.