This overnight oatmeal recipe is a quick, simple and delicious dish made by soaking quick-cooking oats or rolled oats with milk, water or yogurt overnight in the refrigerator. Then later garnished with fruit or nuts and served at breakfast as a healthy dish for busy mornings.
About overnight oats
Overnight Oats is a no-cook recipe. Mix oats and water / milk / yogurt together, refrigerate the night before and serve for breakfast in the morning. This recipe is ideal for people who don’t have time for an elaborate breakfast in the morning.
I stumbled upon oats overnight a few years ago and decided to give it a try. I was so impressed! I actually enjoyed it more than the cooked oatmeal porridge. When we moved into our new home this breakfast became my savior because it was so easy to prepare and it’s always my go-to breakfast on busy days.
Also Read: Banana Pancakes Without Eggs
▢ ⅓ cup of oatmeal or quick-cooking oatmeal
▢ 2 teaspoons of raw sugar or honey or maple syrup or jaggery powder (optional)
▢ ⅓ cup of water – add ½ cup of water if using chia seeds and ½ to ⅔ cup of water for oatmeal
▢ ½ tablespoon chia seeds – optional
▢ ½ to ¾ cup of chopped fruit mix – apple, sapota, mango, banana, berries
▢ 2 to 3 tablespoons of chopped nuts – almonds, pistachios, cashews or walnuts
- Take quick-cooking oatmeal or oatmeal in a small jar, glass, mug or bowl.
- Add jaggery or raw sugar or any sweetener of your choice such as honey or maple syrup.
- Add water. If you are using rolled oats, add ½ to ⅔ cup of water. Instead of water, you can choose to add almond milk, low fat coconut milk, or yogurt.
- Stir and mix well.
- Add the chia seeds. If you don’t have any chia seeds, just skip them. Cover and refrigerate.
- The next morning, add fruit, garnished with chopped nuts and dried fruit.
- Serve the overnight oatmeal immediately.