Oatmeal porridge recipe – quick oatmeal porridge made with quick cooking oats or rolled oats. This is an easy, low fat porridge made in only 6 minutes.
Oatmeal porridge is a porridge that I hated for a long time. It was a food that was given to me two or three times a day when I was a toddler and even later. Sometimes excess of anything does more harm than good. So naturally, I keep away from oats in my life like anything.
I make this porridge for the family, but it’s never for me :-). Slowly now I got used to having oats in my diet like in Oats idli, Oats dosa.
▢ ½ cup oatmeal or quick-cooking oatmeal
▢ 2 cups of water + ½ to 1 cup of milk or 2 to 2.5 cups of water or 2 to 2.5 cups of milk
▢ 2 tablespoons of sugar or add to taste – optional
How to make oatmeal porridge
1. Take ½ cup of quick-cooking oatmeal or oatmeal in a saucepan.
Also Read: Chia Pudding (Easy, Vegan And Healthy)
2. Add 2 cups of water.
3. Then add ½ to 1 cup of milk. The consistency can be easily adjusted according to your needs. ½ cup of milk gives a little thick consistency. For a finer consistency, you can add more milk or water.
4. Add sugar to taste. I just added 2 tablespoons of sugar. Sugar is completely optional. If you add fruit later, you can skip the sugar. If you add honey, add it when the porridge becomes lukewarm or cools to room temperature, because honey when heated becomes poisonous.
5. Mix well and heat the oatmeal mixture over low to medium heat.
6. Stir often from time to time and let the porridge simmer.
7. The porridge will also thicken during cooking. Cook 5 to 6 minutes.
8. Serve the oatmeal porridge hot or warm or at room temperature. If you serve oatmeal porridge at room temperature, note that it will thicken more as it cools. If you add chopped fruit, add it when the porridge becomes lukewarm or completely cooled. You can also add chopped dried fruit of your choice.