NDUJA SCRAMBLED EGGS, SALON
These are not just any scrambled eggs. These are super creamy Nduja scrambled eggs served on sourdough toast and sprinkled with fresh chilli from Brixton based cafe Salon. If you’re not familiar with nduja it’s a spreadable version of salami that’s got a good kick to it and paired with eggs takes it to a whole new level.
- 8 eggs, at room temperature
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- For drizzling: extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved, for rubbing
- 150 gm ‘nduja, at room temperature
- To serve: grated Parmesan and oregano
- Cook eggs in a saucepan of boiling water until cooked to your liking (6 minutes for soft-boiled).
- Meanwhile, drizzle bread with olive oil, then toast under a hot grill, turning once (2-3 minutes). Rub with cut-side of garlic then spread thickly with ’nduja.
- Halve eggs, place on ’nduja toasts, drizzle with extra olive oil, season to taste, top Parmesan and oregano and serve hot.