- 1/4 cup jowar (white millet) flour
- 1/4 cup bajra (black millet) flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 2 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1/4 cup ragi (nachni / red millet) flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- oil for greasing and cooking
1Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
2Take 1 plastic sheet and lightly grease it with oil.Flatten 1 portion of the dough on it and cover with another plastic sheet.Lightly press on the plastic sheet evenly to make a 100 mm. (4”) diameter round.
3Lift the roti with the plastic sheets, peel off the top plastic sheet and invert the roti on a hot non-stick tava (griddle). Finally peel off the other plastic sheet as well.
4Cook, using a little oil, till it is golden brown in colour from both sides. Repeat with the remaining portions to make 5 more rotis. Serve immediately with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti