Manchow soup recipe | Manchow soup with vegetables. An easy and tasty Indo-Chinese recipe made with Chinese sauces and finely chopped vegetables. It is perhaps one of the sought after appetizer recipes, which is usually served right before a meal, but can be served as a light meal for lunch and dinner. Manchow recipe can be made with different ingredients and sauces, but this recipe sticks to the basic healthy vegetable soup recipe.
Traditionally, soup recipes were not part of Indian meals and cuisine and were still considered non-native. That said, there was a similar appetizer recipe that was served with rice or served as a drink. Having said that, some recipes have become an integral part of Indian recipes and the manchow vegetable soup recipe is a simple and easy recipe known for its sour and spicy taste.
Well to be honest I’m not a big fan of Indo Chinese recipes and stick to simple South Indian dishes most of the time. However, some days I have a strong urge to have a light meal or a liquid diet with a combination of flavors. during those days I always end up making vegetable soup recipes. Of these veg manchow soup and hot and sour soup recipes are the most common. This is because it does not involve any complicated steps or procedures. Basically, if you have the finely chopped veggies ready, it would only take a few minutes to make these soup recipes. Moreover, you can add or experiment with different types of vegetables or according to your preference.
Anyway, before I finish the recipe, I would like to add some tips, suggestions and variations to the manchow vegetable soup recipe. First of all, I would highly recommend finely chopping the vegetables so that they can be cooked easily. In addition, the vegetables should be partially cooked and should be tender and crunchy in taste and shape. Secondly, you can add other ingredients besides vegetables like meat, fish and also tofu, mushrooms and even paneer grill. The same rule applies for additional ingredients and make sure to chop them finely. Finally, for the fried noodles I used purchased noodles stored and fried them to have a crispy one. You can do the same or buy the crispy noodles to garnish the soup. But you may need to check the freshness of the noodles as they may have a pungent oil smell.
for the fried noodles:
▢ 4 cup of water
▢ 1 teaspoon of salt
▢ 1 teaspoon of oil
▢ 1 packet of hakka noodles
▢ 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
▢ oil (for frying)
for the soup:
▢ 2 c. Oil soup
▢ 1 inch of ginger (finely chopped)
▢ 2 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
▢ 2 chillies (finely chopped)
▢ ½ onion (finely chopped)
▢ ½ carrot (finely chopped)
▢ 3 c. Cabbage (finely chopped)
▢ ½ bell pepper (finely chopped)
▢ 5 beans (finely chopped)
▢ 2 tablespoons of coriander stalk (chopped)
▢ 4 cup of water
▢ ¾ teaspoon of salt
▢ 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
▢ 2 tablespoons of vinegar
▢ ½ teaspoon of pepper powder
▢ 1 teaspoon of chili sauce
▢ 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
▢ ¼ cup of water (for slurry)
▢ 2 c. Cilantro (finely chopped)
preparation of fried noodles:
- First, in a large container, take 4 cups of water, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Once the water is boiling, break 1 bag of hakka noodles.
- Boil for 5 minutes or refer to package directions for cooking time.
- Cook until the noodles become al dente without overcooking them.
- Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and mix gently.
- Fry in hot oil, spreading the noodles evenly.
- Stir occasionally, keeping the flame over medium heat.
- Flip and fry both sides until the noodles are crispy.
- Finally, drain the crispy noodles and set them aside.
manchow soup preparation:
- First, in a large kadai heat 2 tablespoons of oil, sauté 1 inch of ginger, 2 cloves of garlic and 2 chillies.
- Also, sauté ½ onion until it shrinks slightly.
- Now add ½ carrot, 3 tablespoons of cabbage, ½ bell pepper, 5 beans and 2 tablespoons of cilantro stalk.
- Sauté for a minute without overcooking them.
- Now pour in 4 cups of water and add ¾ teaspoon of salt. Mix well.
- Boil until all the flavors are well absorbed.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, ½ teaspoon of pepper powder and 1 teaspoon of chili sauce. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, take 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and mix with ¼ cup of water.
- Pour in the cornstarch porridge and mix well.
- Stir and boil until the soup thickens slightly and becomes shiny.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of coriander and give a good mixture.
- Finally, enjoy the recipe for manchow vegetable soup topped with fried noodles.