Macaroni looks interesting, thanks to its strange shape. Top it with colourful vegetables like capsicum, tomatoes, sweet corn and peas to create a riot of colours and flavours.
A good dose of cheese makes the macaroni and vegetable salad even more tempting, and cooling it in the fridge makes it perfect for even the hottest of afternoons.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
2 cups boiled macaroni
1 spring onion
1 medium sized capsicum
1 medium sized tomato
1/2 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
1/4 cup boiled green peas
1/2 cup cheese cubes
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) taste
- Chop the spring onion whites and greens.
- Cut the capsicum into halves. Remove the seeds and cut into thin slices.
- Cut the tomato into small cubes.
- Add all the vegetables along with macaroni and cheese in a deep bowl and toss gently.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Serve immediately.