Mercimek köftesi is a vegetarian model of meatballs (köfte). Lentil Balls is one of the maximum famous appetizers in Turkish cuisine. This is Famous in Turkey.
- ¾ cup crimson lentils
- ⅔ cup millet
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ lemon (Juice)
- ⅓ bunch clean parsley, finely chopped
- ½ bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 leaves lettuce, for serving
1. In a saucepan, boil the lentils over medium warmth. Cook till all of the water has been absorbed and the lentils are tender, approximately 10-10 mins.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, integrate the millet with water to cowl. Bring to a boil over medium warmth, then cowl and simmer till softened, approximately 10-10 mins.
3. Drain the millet, upload to the lentils pot, and season with the salt. Cover with a lid to permit the millet absorb the extra lentil cooking water.
4. In a frying pan, warmth the olive oil over medium warmth. Add onion and tomato paste stir-fry till soft. Remove from the warmth and stir withinside the cumin.
5. Add the onion combination to the lentils/millet combination. Mix the lemon juice, 1/2 of the parsley, and 1/2 of the spring onions.
6. Make the lentil balls through taking a tablespoon of the lentil combination for your fingers and rolling it into an oval. Wet your fingers often because the combination will lead them to sticky.
7. Line a platter with the lettuce leaves. Gently area the lentil balls on pinnacle of the leaves. Sprinkle with ultimate parsley and spring onions. Keep the dish withinside the fridge till serving time.