Kulcha is a type of Indian bread made from a combination of all-purpose flour, yeast, salt, sugar, onion, tomato, and various spices. The bread is usually baked in a tandoor oven or pan. this is an easy recipe for making kulcha with onions and tomatoes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 /4 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chilli
- 2 teaspoons chopped coriander leaves
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, dry yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Put hot water in a bowl and knead into a smooth and elastic dough.
Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rest for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- In another bowl, combine the chopped onion, chopped tomato, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground red pepper, and chopped coriander leaves. Divide the dough into balls.
- Take a ball and flatten it with your hands. Place a tablespoon of the tomato and onion mixture in the center of the flattened dough.
- Bring the edges of the dough together and glue them together by pinching the dough.
Gently roll the filled dough ball into a flat circle.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Place the rolled kulcha bread on the grid and fry on each side til golden brown.
- Butter the cooked kulcha and serve hot. Enjoy Homemade Onion Tomato Kulcha with your favorite curry or chutney!