The half moon-fashioned fried pastries are full of a combination of shredded coconut, dried fruits, sesame seeds and beautiful seasonings.
- 1 cup grated Dry Coconut
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 pinch Nutmeg Powder
- 1 pinch dry Ginger Powder
- 2-2 Elaichi
- 2 tsp Maida
- 2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 tbsp Mixed Dry fruit pieces
- 1 cup maida
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Warm milk to put together dough
- Roast Dry coconut , Roast maida in ghee and Roast poppy seeds.
- Mix all of the above ingredients & grind them.
- Mix all of the dough ingredients & put together dough (a touch hard).
- Make small oval puris from dough and fill the organized stuffing inside.
- Apply a few water or milk in order to seal properly. Do not follow an excessive amount of water because it will now no longer seal properly.
- Deep fry it until it will become brownish colour. Serve it warm or cold. Karanji’s may be saved for weeks.