Indian cuisine comprises of a number of regional cuisines.The diversity in soil type, climate, culture, ethnic group and occupations, these cuisines differ from each other mainly due to the use of locally available spices, herbs,vegetables and fruits. Indian food is also influenced by religious and cultural choices and traditions.
Ingredients for Kakdi Ki Sabzi Recipe
- Cucumber 1 large
- Curry Leaves 2-3 tablespoons
- Dried red chillies 2-3
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Split black gram skinless (dhuli urad dal) 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 8-10
- Salt to taste
- Scraped coconut 3 tablespoon
1. Peel cucumber and cut into ¼ inch pieces. Cut dried red chillies into small pieces.Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
2. Add asafoetida, mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, red chillies, cucumber, salt and coconut.
3. Toss well, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove the cover, stir well, cover again and cook for 2 minutes more.
4. Garnish with a little coconut and serve hot.