Jamaican spices add plenty of zing to this dish that makes for a perfect snack.
- 800 gram boneless firm white fish fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 mini soft corn tortillas
- 1 small radicchio (150g), leaves separated, trimmed
- fresh coriander sprigs and lime wedges, to serve
- 350 gram white cabbage, shredded
- 350 gram red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small avocados (400g), halved
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
ALSO READ: Semi-frozen strawberry tiramisu parfait
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cut fish fillets diagonally into 1.5cm-wide, 12cm-long strips. Combine garlic powder, cayenne, cinnamon, allspice, thyme and oil in a medium bowl; season. Add fish; toss to coat well in mixture. Cover; refrigerate until required.
3. Make slaw. Place all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine. Season to taste.
4. Make avocado cream. Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until combined and smooth; season.
5. Wrap tortillas in foil, place on an oven tray; heat in oven for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat; cook fish, in two batches, for 4 minutes or until just cooked and golden.
7. Fill radicchio leaves with slaw and fish; sprinkle with coriander sprigs. Serve with avocado cream, warmed tortillas and lime wedges.