These are prepared from outer covering of maida and wheat flour and filled with potato and dried green peas stuffing. This is one of the famous street foods of Jamnagar and surrounding areas. It is served with spicy and sweet chutneys.
- 1 cup maida
- 2 tbsp Oil
- For stuffing – half cup dry peas soak overnight
- 3 boiled potatoes
- 3 tbsp oil
- Some cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger, green chilli paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp chat masala.
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- For garnishing – sev
- green chutney
- Red garlic chutney
How to Make
- Take all purpose flour , add 2 tbsp oil and salt into it and mix well . Make a dough. Rest for 20 minutes .
- Take soaked peas and boiled it .
- After boiling, mash them, add boiled potatoes and Mash both ingredients.
- Now heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds, ginger green chilli paste, red chilli powder , chat masala , roasted cumin powder and salt.
- Now add boiled peas and potatoes mix .
- Add lemon juice also.
- Take dough and devide it in equal portion of balls . Now roll these balls like a disc .
- Put stuffing at the center of the disc and fold it and close adges .
- Fry them in hot oil at medium flame .
- Ghughras are ready to serve with sauce or chutney.