Preparation time: 16-20 minutes
Cooking time: 26-30 minutes
Cooking level: moderate
Ingredients for the Paneer and Cheese Cigars recipe
- Cottage cheese 4 tablespoons
- Processed cheese 4 tablespoons
- spring roll sheets 4
- finely chopped green chillies 2-3
- crushed red peppers ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 sprigs fresh curly parsley
- cornstarch 2 tablespoons
- refined flour (maida) ½ cup
- Oil for frying
Also Read: Achari Paneer Wrap
1. Heat enough oil in a kadai.
2. Put the cottage cheese in a bowl, add the melted cheese, green peppers, crushed red peppers, salt, parsley, cornstarch and mix well with your hands, squeezing as you mix.
3. Divide into 4 equal portions and form long croquettes.
4. Mix the refined flour with enough water to make a thick paste. Apply it to the spring roll leaves with a brush.
5. Place a cheese croquette on one end and roll it tightly into a long cylinder and seal the open edge making sure to leave about ½ inch of empty space at both ends.
6. Slide into hot oil and fry until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
7. Cut in half and serve hot.
Calories: 925 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 68 g
Protein: 31.7 g
Fat: 59.4 g