Spice up your Mexican menu with a generous serving of the traditional Mexican dip. It is made with avocados which is an amazing source of protein, especially for vegetarians. In addition to its use in modern Mexican cuisine, it has become part of international and American cuisine as a dip, condiment and salad ingredient.
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeño, cored and finely diced (add more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- (Optional: 1 roma tomato, cored and chopped)
- Mash together avocados, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, cumin with a fork until well-mixed. (If adding tomatoes, stir them in at the very end.)
- Serve immediately, or cover the bowl with plastic wrap (so that the plastic is literally touching the entire top layer of the guacamole) and refrigerate for up to 2 days before serving.