Carrot halwa is an Indian dessert made from grated carrots, entire milk, natural ghee, sugar, cardamom, almonds and cashewnuts.
- 2 cups entire milk
- 6 cups grated carrots
- ½ cup natural ghee
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon inexperienced cardamom seeds floor
- 10 almonds floor
- 10 cashews floor
- 3 cloves
- 2 tablespoon dry sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoon almond slivers
- Add the milk and carrots to the metallic insert of your immediately pot and near the lid.
- Make certain the steam launch vent is on ‘sealing’, then press the stress cooking button (high). Set the timer to five minutes. Once the timer beeps do a herbal launch.
When the pot opens, transfer to sauté and prepare dinner dinner the carrots till all of the milk has been absorbed.
- Add the ghee, sugar, floor cardamom, floor almonds and cashews, cloves, and coconut flakes. Roast the halwa with a wood spoon, stirring all of the time. Do this till the ghee leaves the perimeters and the halwa turns into darkish orange and glossy.
Garnish with slivered almonds and serve warm.
- Make certain the grated carrots are tightly packed to get an correct measure.
Pure ghee is to be had in Indian stores. It is semi-strong at room temperature. Measure 1/2 of a cup of ghee on this semi-strong state, and make certain to % it tightly withinside the cup to offer an correct measure.
- Make certain all of the milk is absorbed through the carrots earlier than including ghee and the relaxation of the ingredients.
- Grind the cardamom seeds, almonds and cashews collectively to store time.