Date Nut Cake is a very easy and yummy cake recipe. Even a beginner can make this cake easily. Recipe without eggs and vegan.
Date and nut cake has always been a favorite. At Christmas or Easter. We always bought the ready-made cakes from the bakeries. The egg-free nut coffee cake that I’ve wanted to make for so long. I had dates as well as nuts but never managed to bake a cake with them.
Finally I made this Date Nut Cake with No Eggs and it was so good. Now that I bake a lot, I’m also getting better at baking cakes. This recipe is not adapted from nowhere. I had earlier made a mango cake and chose it as the base to make this date nut cake. The same day I also made a fruit bread which was also great.
In addition to the date and nut flavors, I also added instant bru coffee. Cocoa nibs also entered the cake. Overall the cake was a delicious cake with a taste of coffee and chocolate.
Also Read: Tutti Frutti Cake
▢ 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
▢ ½ cup all-purpose flour
▢ ½ cup sunflower oil or any good oil with a neutral taste
▢ ¾ cup unrefined cane sugar regular sugar or demerara sugar – adjust to your taste preference
▢ 1 cup almond milk or soy milk or oat milk – cow’s milk can be added instead
▢ 1 cup of water
▢ 1 cup of seedless dates
▢ ½ cup of nuts
▢ 2 teaspoons of instant coffee
▢ 1 tablespoon cocoa beans or small chocolate chips – if you are adding chocolate chips, adjust the sugar accordingly
▢ ½ teaspoon of vanilla bean powder or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
▢ 1 teaspoon of baking powder
▢ ½ teaspoon of baking soda
▢ 1 pinch of salt
Make cake batter
- Dice the dates and walnuts and set aside. Line or grease a cake tin.
- Then heat the milk and turn off the heat. Add the coffee powder and mix.
- Add the dates. Stir and leave the dates in the milk for about 15 to 20 minutes or more.
- Begin the process of sifting whole wheat flours and all-purpose flour with salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- You can now preheat the oven to 200 degrees c / 392 f.
- Take the sifted flour mixture into a large bowl. Add the sugar and vanilla powder and mix.
- Add the dates soaked with the milk, 1 cup of water, nuts and oil.
- Mix with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until all the batter is smooth and evenly mixed. Do not overdo the mixture.
- Stir in the cocoa nibs or chocolate chips.
Baking Dates And Walnut Cake
- Pour the cake batter into the assembled cake pan.
- Using a rubber spatula, remove the dough from the sides of the bowl and add it to the cake pan.
- Shake the cake pan from the sides. Place in the preheated oven.
- Bake the cake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Serve the date nut cake warm with a little tea or coffee. The remaining cake can be stored in an airtight box and refrigerated.