Dudhi Muthiya is a famous Gujarati steamed snack recipe made with bottle gourd or lauki. It is a easy snack that may be made with elements effortlessly to be had at home. Serve with coriander chutney.
- 1 Cup Grated Bottle gourd (Dudhi or Lauki)
- 1/four Cup Wheat Flour
- 1/four Cup Besan (Chick Pea flour)
- half of Cup Semolina (Sooji/Rawa)
- 1/four Cup finely chopped Methi (Fenugreek Leaves- Optional)
- 1/four Cup Finely Chopped Kothmir (Coriander)
- 2 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Lal Mirch (Red Chiili Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- half of Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Salt To Taste
For Temperng :
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera
- 1 Teaspoon Til (White Sesame Seeds)
- Finely Chopped Coriander and Grated Coconut to garnish
- Grate dudhi and squeeze it to eliminate extra water from it. Add relaxation of the elements besides for the tempering and garnish and convey all of it together. Knead it into gentle dough. Use water if needed can be you may want tablespoon or extra or less.
- Prepare steamer. Add approximately an inch of water and allow it come to boil. Then observe a few oil on steamer tray with holes in it and grease it well. Apply a few oil to your hands and divide the dough in to 4 same portions. Shape every component in to cylindrical roll. Arrange on greased tray. Steam it for round 10-12 mins. Check with the aid of using putting a knife into muthias, it must pop out clean.
- Let it cool for five mins then reduce into 1\/2 inch slices. Heat the oil in a pan on medium for tempering. Once warm upload cumin seeds and sesame seeds. Let them splutter. Then upload sliced muthia. Mix lightly so muthia do now no longer ruin and sauté it until you get little brown and crispy muthia. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish the muthia with chopped coriander and grated coconut. Serve warm as a tea time snack or have it as a packed lunch.