Here I am supplying the recipe of colorful Dry fruit Gujiya. As the call suggests, this gujiya has were given dry fruit stuffing rather than khoya stuffing. The outer crust stays same, this is of glazing with sugar syrup because the very last step of creating this gujiya.
Dough for gujiya
- 2 Cup All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 4 Tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 1/3 Tsp Edible meals coloration
- 2/3 Cup Luke Warm Water To knead the dough
For dry fruit stuffing
- 100 Grams Cashews
- 100 Grams Almonds
- 100 Grams Pistachios
- 2 Tbsp Chironjee
- 2 Tbsp Raisins
- 4 Tbsp Desiccated coconut
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/f4Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar For glazing with sugar syrup
- Oil For deep frying
- To Make Pastry Or Dough For Gujiya.Take all cause flour / Maida in a blending bowl and sift it. Since, I actually have used colours, I divided the flour in identical elements. After that, upload identical quantity of ghee / clarified butter into each the elements and blend well.Colored dough for dry fruit gujiya if you like.
- Now upload coloration to the Luke heat water and blend it after which upload this to flour and knead right into a stiff dough. Knead it for few greater mins, greater we knead the dough, greater crispy and engaging gujiya could be.
- Now cowl the dough with damp fabric or kitchen towel and preserve apart for 15 min.
- Also, in a bowl, take one tablespoon of flour and upload few drops of water to make a paste which we can facilitate in sealing the rims of gujiya. We will want this while we seal gujiya after including stuffing.
- To Make Stuffing For Gujiya,Finely chop cashews, almonds and pistachios. Add desiccated coconut, chironjee, raisins, cardamom powder and sugar to it and blend well.
- Now it’s time to roll our gujiya. Make gujiya of 1 coloration at a time so you don’t want to discover all of the doughs. Take half of tablespoon of the dough and make small spherical ball of it. further you could make few greater balls and cowl relaxation of dough with moist fabric again.
- Don’t make such a lot of balls at a time in any other case they’ll get dry ensuing in problem to roll.Now with the assist of the rolling pin roll it to a skinny circle of approx three-four inch in diameter.
- Place the circle at the gujiya mildew and fill one tablespoon of the stuffing in centre. Now follow the flour paste on the threshold of circle and near the mildew to seal the edges well.
- If you aren’t the usage of mildew then region the circle to your palm, fill the stuffing in centre, follow flour paste on edges after which lightly near it and seal with the assist of thumb impression. Now begin twisting from one area until the opposite to make a pleated impression.
- Now region them on a easy cotton sheets, towel or blanket and cowl them with different bedsheets and further make relaxation of gujiyas with the aid of using repeating the above process.
- Now warmness oil in a pan / Kadai and as soon as hot, region four-five gujiyas in it and fry them on low flame with the aid of using turning them three-four instances in order that the outer crust is excellent crisp. Once those are fried from each the edges take them out and region on kitchen towel. You don’t want to anticipate those until golden. Just ensure that gujiya is fried well from each the edges.
- Now take one cup of sugar in a pan and upload four tablespoon of water to it and boil it. Once you get one string consistency syrup, transfer off the flame.
- Now dip 2-three gujiya at a time in it and turn it to cowl each the edges in syrup and take them out and region them on a cord rack to drop all of the extra syrup. Coat relaxation of the gujiyas with comparable process.Now Soaking gujiya in sugar syrup.
- Once cooled, follow silver foil (optional) and keep them in a hermetic container.
- You can upload or dispose of dry fruit of your personal preference in stuffing. Just don’t forget to cut them finely in any other case it is able to end result into popping of gujiya whilst frying.
- Don’t over-boil the sugar syrup in any other case the gujiya as soon as cooled after dipping, you’ll see a thick white layer of sugar in your gujiya so as to now no longer appearance good.
- Do now no longer exceed the amount of stuffing in gujiya in any other case they may also bring about popping whilst frying.
- Try to knead the dough for at the least 10 mins as with a purpose to bring about crispier gujiya.
- Always fry gujiyas on low to medium flame in order that the outer layer turns into crisp.