Dalma is a traditional dish from the Oriya cuisine. The Dalma Recipe has the right combination of taste and health, that is packed with proteins from the dal and minerals and vitamins from the vegetables.
Ingredients of Dalma From Odiya
How to Make Dalma From Odiya
- Cut the vegetables in big size.
- First, wash the daal and heat your kadhai with 3 glass of water.
- Put bay leaves, salt and turmeric powder and boil. Then add the daal and cook well.
- After cooking the daal properly, add the vegetables.
- After cooking add crushed ginger and jaggery.
- When the vegetables get cooked, add grated coconut and cook for 10 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan, Add cumin seeds and asafoetida in the hot ghee, put it into the dal and cover completely for a minute.
- Then mix it and garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add hing and cumin seeds.
- Then add 3 whole red chillies and cook till crackling sound.
- Then, add chopped onions and garlic, cook till golden brown and then add curry leaves.
- Add some coriander powder, garam masala and Kashmiri red chilli powder for colour.
- put the dal into it cook for a minute then garnish with coriander leaves and some grated coconut.