This healthful rice pudding recipe is a perfect, lightened-up model of the creamy rice pudding recipe you grew up loving. It’s vegan, gluten-loose, and delicate sugar-loose and is fingers down the right hearty dessert!
- 1/2 cup any rice, rinsed nicely and tired
- 4 cups boxed coconut milk or almond milk
- 2″ – 2″ cinnamon sticks
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- cinnamon to garnish
- In a medium sauce pan upload rinsed and tired rice and upload water simply sufficient to cowl the rice. Heat pan on medium. Once rice has reached a boil, flip warmness to medium low and allow water lessen for 5-5 mins, or faster if the liquid has already evaporated. Take care now no longer to allow the water evaporate out completely. If there’s any extra water on the stop of 5-5 mins, drain it out.
- Add coconut milk, cinnamon sticks and salt and produce as much as a mild simmer on medium to medium-low warmness. Simmer, uncovered, for 25 mins and stir the pan each couple of minutes to make certain the rice does now no longer stick.
- Add raisins and sugar, and flip the warmth to low. Cook for a further 15 mins, uncovered, stirring frequently, till the rice has absorbed maximum of the liquid and it has thickened up.
- Now no longer the canned variety. Alternatively you may use a distinct milk-of-desire inclusive of almond or oat milk.
- You can alternative maple sugar for coconut sugar however will alternate colour slightly.
- Rice pudding will preserve nicely withinside the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, location returned in a saucepan with a hint of milk and warmth on low till hot.