Cranberries are excessive in pectin, which facilitates them set obviously right into a jelly with out the want for some other thickeners. Orange zest and cinnamon are herbal taste pairings for cranberries, improving and complementing their tartness.
- 1 (340g) bag sparkling or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar (140g)
- 1/2 cup water (115g)
- 2 strips zest and a pair of tablespoons (30ml) juice from 1 orange (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- Pinch kosher salt
- Combine all elements in a 3-quart saucier or saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-excessive warmness, then lessen to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, till berries begin to pop. Press berries towards aspect of pan with a wood spoon and maintain to cook, stirring occasionally, till berries are absolutely damaged down and acquire a jam-like consistency, approximately 10 mins total.
- Remove from warmness and permit to chill approximately 30 mins. Stir in water in 1-tablespoon increments to modify to preferred consistency. Cranberry sauce may be served right away or saved withinside the fridge for numerous months.
- Cranberry sauce may be made and refrigerated in a sealed box for at the least one week earlier than serving, or frozen for numerous months.