I like chickpeas in not just hummus, but also in stews, salads, and curries. These little beans are so healthy and nutritious and I believe that everyone needs to have them more often. This curry is healthy, easy and quick, and full of flavor.
Ingredients of Chickpea and Potato Curry
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1.3 kg potato, cubed
- ½ cup fresh scallion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- pepper, to taste
- 425 g chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon ghee, mixed with 1 tablespoon of flour
How to Make Chickpea and Potato Curry
- Heat the oil in a kadhai over medium-high heat and add the onion and garlic.
- Sauté until soft.
- Add the curry powder mixture to the pot.
- Add half of the vegetable broth and potatoes, and stir to combine.
- Add the scallions and parsley.
- Season with pepper. Cook until the sauce is thick.
- Add the chickpeas and remaining vegetable broth, and mix.
- Add the ghee and flour mixture to the pot and stir to incorporate.
- Cook until the potatoes and chickpeas are tender and the sauce thickens.