- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Scoop out some of the flesh in the center of each avocado; place into mixing bowl. Add chicken, cream cheese, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper; mix well to combine. Scoop spoonfuls of chicken mixture into the wells of each avocado; top each with generous amount of Parmesan cheese. Place avocado halves, face-up, in muffin cups to stabilize.
- Bake avocados in preheated oven until cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Substitute 6 ounces crab meat (drained well if using canned meat) for the chicken; along with 1 tablespoon of scallions.
- Leftover mixture can be added to hollowed out tomatoes or peppers and cooked in the same way.
- Cooking time and flavor will vary depending on how chicken is cooked (grilled, broiled, or stewed).
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.