This comfort food hotdish offers a new twist on the usual hash brown casserole. Try it for everyday meals as well as potlucks!
- 12 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 1 hr
- Stand 10 mins
- 1 10 3/4 – ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 – ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dried dillweed or dried basil, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 28 – ounce package frozen diced hash brown potatoes with onions and peppers, thawed
- 2 cups chopped smoked or roasted chicken or turkey
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels, one 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed (2 cups), or one 15.25-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 8 – ounce package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 8 – ounce package shredded Colby, cheddar or Swiss cheese (2 cups)
- 1 cup seasoned croutons, coarsely crushed (optional)
- In a very large bowl combine soup, sour cream, milk, dill and pepper. Stir in potatoes, chicken or turkey, corn, cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the Colby cheese. Spoon mixture into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish (3-quart rectangular).
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and stir mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1-1/2 cups Colby cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 40 minutes more or until top is golden and potatoes are tender, sprinkling with croutons, if you like, the last 10 minutes of baking. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 12 servings.