A tasty mix of chicken, garlic, mushrooms, prosciutto and pasta are complemented by a thin but flavorful Asiago cream sauce.
Preparation Time: 2 Cooking Time: 40 Total Time: 1 Makes 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken cubes, reducing heat if necessary, until no longer pink in center and juices run clear. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups cream to a simmer, stirring often. Whisk in bouillon and cheese until well blended and bouillon has dissolved completely. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water, and whisk into mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes more, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Stir in prosciutto, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Add chicken, reduce heat, and continue cooking until chicken is heated through. Return sauce to the stove and add remaining 1/4 cup cream and parsley flakes. Heat through.
- To serve, place pasta in a large mixing or serving bowl. Add chicken and mushroom mixture and pour in cream sauce. Toss well, and serve.
836.63 calories; 33.22 g protein; 61.47 g carbohydrates; 3.51 g dietary-fiber; 1.23 g sugars; 50.65 g fat; 27.66 g saturated-fat; 192.67 mg cholesterol; 1628.21 IU vitamin-a-iu; 16.34 mg niacin-equivalents; 0.44 mg vitamin-b6; 1.88 mg vitamin-c; 142.75 mcg folate; 182.03 mg calcium; 3.14 mg iron; 55.5 mg magnesium; 299.2 mg potassium; 424.6 mg sodium; 0.44 mg thiamin; 455.87 calories-from-fat; 29 percent-of-calories-from-carbs; 54 percent-of-calories-from-fat; 15 percent-of-calories-from-protein; 29 percent-of-calories-from-sat-fat