A simple wrap filled with the goodness of cheese and vegetables that can be served as a tea time snack.
A common mixed salad becomes much more appealing and filling with this delicious “Veggie Cheese Salad Wrap”. It’s so colorful, easy to make, super tasty, and kind of take out food. Toss your choice of veg, toss it with a cheese dressing and put it in a flatbread and you’re ready to go! Loaded with lots of veggies, this cheese salad wrap is super healthy. Even kids would love this scarf. Try!
Equipment used: Tawa / cast iron pan, glass mixing bowl
- 4 tortillas or phulka
- 1 cucumber, finely grated
- 2 carrots (Gajjar), finely grated
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage (Patta Gobi / Muttaikose)
- 1 red yellow and green pepper (Capsicum), thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Iceberg lettuce, as needed
- 3 tablespoons of cheese, grated or crumbled
- 4 tablespoons roasted tomato pasta sauce or chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons Hung Curd (Greek yogurt) or cream cheese / veggie mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chaat Masala powder
- Salt, to taste
How to Make a Cheese Salad Wrap Recipe
- To start making the Cheesy Salad Wrap recipe, prepare the dressing.
- To the hung curd, add minced garlic, cumin powder, cat masala, crushed pepper and salt to taste. Mix well.
- In a large mixing container, take grated cucumbers, grated carrots, shredded cabbage, sliced peppers and minced onions.
- To the grated vegetables, add the vinaigrette. Mix well and test the taste. The filling for a cheese salad wrap is ready.
- On a hot plate, lightly heat the tortillas / roti without applying oil.
- The next step is to do the wraps. Place a tortilla on a clean, dry surface and spread some tomato sauce or cold sauce on it.
- Place a few lettuces in the center of the flatbread
- Now add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cheese salad mixture in the middle part and finish with a little grated cheese. And roll it up well.
- To make 3 more wraps, repeat with the remaining ingredients. Immediately serve the vegetables rolled in the cheese salad.
- Serve the Cheese Wrap with Creamed Spinach as a teatime snack with hot Masala Chai.