It is a Traditional recipe of Uttarakhand. It’s a high protein dish.It can be served with steamed rice for lunch.
Ingredients of Black Gram Chainsoo Daal
- 1/2 cup Arhar dal
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1-1/4 cup Water
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
How to Make Black Gram Chainsoo Daal
- Firstly dry roast Dal in a kadhai for few minutes.
- After cooled down ,grind the Dal and make powder.
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a kadai.
- Add dry chillies and all the dry masala powders and 4 tablespoon of water and fry for a minute.
- Add powderd dal and water.
- Cook on medium to low flame for 30 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.