This tomato and mushroom curry is a very delicious Indian curry for vegetarians. With a beautiful texture and packets of delicious flavor, this meatless curry is a superb and comforting dish. Even meat lovers will love it. This is the best mushroom tomato curry recipe I have ever made.
Mushrooms are a good source of protein and provide several important nutrients. They are a great alternative to chicken or meat. White mushrooms are the best choice for this recipe. Mushrooms are cooked in tomato sauce until tender, then served hot with rice or roast.
- 250 grams of white mushrooms, sliced
- 500 grams of tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a kadai or pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let him stutter.
- Add the green peppers and onions. Sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, curry leaves and sauté for one minute.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, mix well and cook for 5 minutes over high heat, stirring in between.
- Add the red pepper powder and salt. Mix well and cook the tomatoes over medium heat until tender and crushed, about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushroom slices, garam masala. Mix well and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve hot with rice, rotis or naans.