Bengali Style chana dal tastes mildly spicy and packed with nutrition since it is a helpful source of zinc, folate, calcium, protein and is low in fat content.
- Prep in: 10 M
- Cooks in: 30 M
- Total in: 40 M
Ingredients of Bengali Style Chana Dal
- 1 cup Chana dal
- 1/2 cup Dry coconut
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt , to taste
- 2 teaspoons Mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3 Dry Red Chillies
- 2 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Bay leaf
How to Cook Bengali Style Chana Dal
- Soak the chana dal for about an hour in water.
- Add 3 Cups of water , turmeric powder, salt to taste in a pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
- Turn the heat to low for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Take a pan add mustard oil; add the dry coconut pieces and fry until they turn golden brown.
- In the same pan heat a teaspoon of mustard oil; add cumin seeds, dry red chilies, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, green chilies and ginger.
- Once done, stir in the cooked Bengali Cholar dal and the roasted coconut slices.
- Brisk boil for a couple of minutes and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with rice.