Very simple recipe and tasted really delicious and creamy because of the addition of milk.
Ingredients of Bengali Matarsutir Dal
- 2 Cups Green Peas
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 Tbsp Water
How to Make Bengali Matarsutir Dal
- Blend turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin, ginger, garammasala, pepper powder by adding 1 Tbsp water and make paste.
- Boil green peas or pressure cook it for 4-5 whistles and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add Bay leaf followed by cooked peas.
- Add the ground paste and add salt.
- Now add milk and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool to blend the mixture.
- Retain few cooked peas for adding into the dal.
- Cook the blended mixture for couple of minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.